Sunday, January 18, 2009

Guess How Much I Love You


On the last few pages of Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney, Big Nut Brown Hare settles Little Nut Brown Hare into his bed of leaves and whispers "I love you right up to the moon - and back". I swear I never got through that last page without tearing up when my kids were babies. I tore through the house looking for that book this morning. Maybe I'm feeling a bit melancholy because my baby boy is 11 tomorrow. I literally felt myself having panic at the thought this book had been put in the Goodwill bin. In front of 6 sleepover guests I'm begging my son to help me find the book. He looked at me like he might just kill me right there in front of 6 witnesses. "Whew never mind I found it in your sister's room" I said a few minutes later. I heard him say to one of his guests that he had no idea why I would think a baby book was anywhere but. I made this necklace as a tribute to unconditional love that spans a thousands oceans, a million miles...to the moon...and back.

6 comments:

Coloraddiction said...

I've nominated you for the Lemonade award! :)

http://coloraddictionblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/awarded-thank-you.html

Vintage Beadery said...

What a wonderful way to keep your son "little" in your heart. Wait until he's 23 (ask me how I know!) - it goes by like lightning.
Absolutely beautiful keychain - I love it!

Lauren said...

You always have such great colors. :)

Glad you found the book!

Coloraddiction said...

Hi! I noticed you have my blog Coloraddiction on your blogroll. I have moved all the contents to the new host, Blogger. The new web address for Coloraddiction is http://coloraddictionblog.blogspot.com. Can I please get you to change the bookmark on your blog roll? Thanks so much!

hlynn said...

Hello,
I have moved my blog. Would you please change the link for Square One Beads to be squareonebeads.blogspot.com?

Thank you,
Heather

Lorelei Eurto said...

That is just the sweetest post.Thanks for sharing the story!! I love the saying for that necklace, PERFECT!