Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Little Prince


When my brother and I were kids our mother got us started collecting animal figurines. We each chose an animal. My brother picked frogs and I picked turtles. I grew to love my turtle collection but I secretly coveted my brother's frogs. Over the years between the two of us we managed to collect over 200 figurines made out of everything from shells to glass. To this day I can't look at a frog without thinking about my little bro. I knew eventually I would make a frog on a key. This guy is really cute too. Maybe I'll try a turtle next but probably I'll just continue to covet the frogs. My brother is all grown up now with a little baby son. I think I'll bring my nephew a frog the next time I visit...

2 comments:

SharonA said...

Reading about your memories with your brother,and your Little Prince froglet made me smile and get that "deep down" I have been loved and love feeling. Reminding me of days so very long ago that my brother and I would gather wheelbarrows full of frogs ( they migrated thru our yard from creek to river)as if the wheelbarrows where personal chariots to the masses. My mother must have watched us with dismay!. You do marvelous work and I enjoyed reading about your inspirations and things that you like and love. We have much in common. Bless you and yours. Sha

Venbead said...

thank you sha. hey my best friend is a sha too.